Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 175g butter
- 175g coconut sugar, plus 75g for the drizzle
- 4 eggs
- 3 lemons
- 125g gluten free self-raising flour
- 50g ground almonds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and the coconut sugar together using a spoon or mixer until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in the eggs.
- Add the zest of two lemons and the juice of half a lemon.
- Fold in the flour and the ground almonds.
- Pour the mixture into a greased loaf tin and bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- In the meantime, make the drizzle by gently heating the coconut sugar and the juice of one and a half lemons until the sugar dissolves, and then add the zest of half a lemon.
- Lightly pierce the top of the cake with a fork and then pour the drizzle over the cake.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing it from the tin.