- use our branded website at https://felicitywoodyoga.com (“our sites”);
- use our branded website at https://watch.felicitywoodyoga.com (“our sites”) which is hosted by Vimeo OTT Solutions, Inc. (“Vimeo”), including when you create an account on our site so that you can subscribe and watch our videos;
- use our mobile application (“app”) which is hosted by Vimeo;
- use our branded website at https://felicitywoodyoga.teachable.com (“our sites”) which is hosted by Teachable, Inc. (“Teachable”), including when you create an account on our site so that you can subscribe to our trainings;
- communicate with us (whether via email or by posting a comment, or participating in a forum, on our site and/or app),
and sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us (as an individual or as an individual acting on behalf of an organisation), will be processed by us.
Our sites and app are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We may request that you provide us with personal data when you use our sites and/or our app. Personal data is information that can be used to identify or contact you. You do not have to provide the personal data that we request, however, if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with access to our sites and/or our app.
If we combine personal data with non-personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined. Personal data does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations ((EU) 2016/679) and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (“Data Protection Legislation”) the data controller is Felicity Wood Yoga Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 12330321, whose registered office is at 7 Woolton Lodge Gardens, Woolton Hill, Newbury, RG20 9SU, England. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA776722.
Information we may collect from you and how we use it
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Financial Data includes payment card details (type, number, name on card, expiry date, CVC code and postcode). The financial data may be processed for the purposes of processing and delivering your rental, purchase or subscription (namely managing payments and charges and collecting monies). The legal basis for this taking steps, at your request, to enter into a contract and our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, (namely to recover payments due).
- Transaction Data includes details about payments from you and your free-trial sign-up history. The transaction data may be processed for the purpose of processing and delivering your content and/or subscription. The legal basis for this processing is taking steps, at your request, to enter into a contract and our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, (namely our interest in the proper administration of our sites, app, content and business).
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our sites and app. The technical data may be processed for the purpose of administering and protecting our business, sites and app (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data) and to deliver relevant content to you. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, (namely to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our sites and app. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of enabling you to complete a survey, to deliver relevant content to you, to use data analytics to improve our sites and app, customer relationships and experiences and to make suggestions and recommendations to you about services and content that may be of interest to you. The legal basis for this processing is taking steps, at your request, to enter into a contract and our legitimate interests, or those of a third party, (namely to study how our sites and app are used and to grow our business and to keep our sites and app updated and relevant).
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. The marketing and communications data may be processed for the purposes of sending you the relevant notifications and/or other materials by email. The legal basis for this processing is consent.
In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set above, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Special Categories of particularly sensitive personal information, such as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin and sexual orientation, require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
We may collect information about your health and medical conditions (which is a Special Category of personal data). We may collect this information if you provide it to us when you leave a comment, participate in a forum or otherwise communicate with us. This information may be processed for the purpose of informing our third party insurance providers of your health or medical conditions. We shall only process special categories of personal information with your explicit written consent.
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How is your personal data collected
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data when setting up your account or when communicating with us by email, by posting a comment or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account or sign up on our sites;
- opt-in to receive notifications from us;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- leave a review or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our sites or app, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties which include:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; and
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook and Instagram) and technical or payment services.
Change of purpose
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we may disclose your information (including personal data) to the following categories of third parties:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- third party service providers to assist with the hosting of our websites and app (e.g. Vimeo and Teachable) processing of payments (e.g. Stripe Inc), delivery of communications and electronic marketing (e.g. Active Campaign Inc.), network requirements and legal and accounting services;
- third party insurance providers to assist with the administration of our insurance policies;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sites; and
- data storage providers, in connection with cloud storage and hosting services.
Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for third party marketing purposes unless you have provided your express consent.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- where we have your consent to do so;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Felicity Wood Yoga Ltd or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights of Felicity Wood Yoga Ltd, our users, customers, third party providers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Transfers outside of the EEA
Some of the third parties which we work closely with are based outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside of the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; and
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Under Data Protection Legislation, in certain circumstances, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access. You have the right to request access to your personal data. We will provide you with a copy of your personal data held by us free of charge (providing your request is not excessive or for multiple copies, in which case we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our costs) and certain information about the processing of your personal data and the source of such data (if not directly collected from you by us). You also have the right to request that your personal data is transferred to a third party.
- Right to object to data processing. You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time by contacting us or using the unsubscribe link in the marketing email. Upon receipt of your notification, we shall promptly stop any processing of your personal data and (if requested by you) erase such information if we are not required to retain it for legitimate business or legal purposes.
- Right to restrict processing. You may ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- if you do not think your personal data is accurate;
- where we are found to be processing unlawfully but you do not want us to erase your personal data;
- where you need us to continue holding your personal data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have objected to our use of your personal data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right of rectification and right of erasure. You have the right to request that we correct or erase any inaccuracies in your personal data if such information would be incomplete, inaccurate or processed unlawfully.
Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You can also exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. We may reject requests that are unreasonable or require disproportionate effort (for example, such a request would result in a fundamental change to our existing practice) or risk the privacy of others.
Our sites and app may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, plug-ins and applications. If you follow those links or enable those connections this may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites and applications.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our sites; any transmission is at your own risk.
You are responsible for keeping the password linked to your account confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Personal data retention
We may retain information about you, including personal data, for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was first collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. In determining data retention periods, we take into consideration our contractual obligations, legal obligations and the expectation and requirements of our customers. When personal data is no longer needed, we will securely delete or destroy it.
In some circumstances, for research and/or statistical purposes, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be used to identify you). This allows us to use this anonymised data indefinitely without further notice to you.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided above and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk).
Last updated: 29/03/2023